Reusable cotton rounds are one of the easiest eco-friendly beauty swaps you can make!
In this post I’ll share:
- Why you should make the switch
- Where to buy them & how much they cost
- How to clean them
- The cons
Let’s hop in.
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THE SWITCH
We need to cut down the amount of trash we send to landfills every chance we get!
Even though single-use cotton rounds are made of cotton, which is biodegradable, landfill conditions will dramatically slow down the natural degradation process. This means that the cotton we dispose of is going to sit around much longer and take up space in our landfills.
Planet & Budget Friendly
Thankfully, making the switch to reusable cotton rounds is not only super easy, it’s super affordable! Yes, there are some bougie options but you don’t need to spend a lot to get a great product.
You’ll also continue to save money over time since you’re not having to buy more single-use cotton rounds.
WHERE TO BUY THEM + HOW MUCH THEY COST
A quick google search will offer you a million options for reusable makeup removing rounds! But, like most people, I always prefer to purchase things that are highly-rated or recommended by someone I trust.
Don’t worry bestie, I got you.
I personally purchased (a.k.a. not sponsored) THIS BAMBAW SET of reusable cotton & bamboo fiber rounds and I’m very happy with them!
The set includes 16 rounds in 2 different textures and a laundry bag!
The two textures are great for different areas of the face. The soft velvet-like rounds work well on the sensitive eye area (and for sensitive skin in general). The rougher terry-cloth rounds work well on stubborn makeup and exfoliating the other areas of your face.
On average, you’re looking at about $12 dollars for a set of reusable cotton rounds which is amazing considering that you spend $3-$5 dollars for each pack of single-use rounds.
And like I mentioned earlier, after your initial purchase, you won’t need to keep spending money each month to buy more rounds which is good for your bank account and the planet!
HOW TO CLEAN THEM
If you know how to do laundry, you know how to wash these reusable rounds!
Throw them in the little laundry bag they come with and toss them into the wash with the rest of your clothes!
You know I’m here to keep it real so I wanted to highlight a few challenges you’ll run into with this eco-beauty switch.
I also want to encourage you to push past these hurdles (they’re first world problems) because minimizing waste is much more important than avoiding minor inconveniences.
Issues You May Encounter:
- Storing Dirty Rounds – since you aren’t tossing these away after each use, you’ll need a spot to collect them when they’re dirty. I recommend hanging the small laundry bag on a little hook in the bathroom so you can drop them in as you use them.
- Staining – The same way that makeup can stain clothes, it can also stain these rounds. This doesn’t make them less effective, just less pretty. (Not everything has to be instagrammable!)
- Multiple Sets Needed – I recommend buying 2 or more sets if you’re accustomed to using multiple rounds a day (morning, night, on the go, etc). This way you always have what you need and don’t need to wash them as often.
- Laundry – I’m throwing this in here because this is will be a new responsibility for you but honestly, if you can remember to wash your socks, you’ll be fine!
ARE READY TO MAKE THE SWITCH?
This is basically a no brainer, right?! Save money, save the planet, and still take care of that beautiful face of yours!
If you still have questions or you want to share your favorite set of reusable cotton rounds, please leave a comment below! (I always respond and I love product recommendations!)